"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all."
-Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away!

So today, after the second person nagged at me about doing this plotting exercise (Isaiah) instead of "finishing what you've already started" - and I almost bit their head off about it - I got to thinking.

I'm currently juggling six seperate jobs, though only three of them pay anything at the moment. Writing is one of them. But after I've spent all day focused on my other jobs, pounding out the stuff I have to do, I need writing to be a bit more of a fun time right now. And it's not like this project is completely self-indulgent - I am hoping to learn quite a bit from it. I'm almost done with my current freelance web design project and with my current software configuration project, and once those are over (provided I'm not too stressed over being broke to deal with anything else) I'll likely have a bit more energy for headway on my works in progress.

Until then I'm happy with escapism, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Yay! Another honest person who loves escapism. And sometimes writing is just that--escape. Pure and simple. And who knows where it will take us? Onward and upward! Let the bubbles fall where they may... ;-)