"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all."
-Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So Much for My Writing Schedule

So today I got the news that my hours at work will be reduced to nothing and I need to find a new job. Things could be worse - I shouldn't have to worry about money too much while I job-hunt - but I'm a bit worried about my writing goals.

With this job I worked part-time, flexible hours at home. I somehow doubt that I'll be able to find another situation like that. Once I'm working full-time and commuting, finding the time and energy to write is going to be a lot harder. Right now I'm scheduled to write 20 hours a week and I've been managing to be productive about 10 - 15 of those hours. I'm kind of scared to do the calculation of how much time I'll have to write once I'm out of the house 60 hours a week or so.

No comments: